The project included a complete refurbishment of the C17 vernacular farmhouse with an extension linking to the barn conversion to form a single dwelling. The re-thatching of the roof enabled a new eyebrow dormer to be inserted with the link and barn conversion natural slate covering. The link re-used the stone from the demolished outbuildings with a large glazed roof lantern and oak trusses to form a vaulted ceiling.
The Grange consists of a large Grade II Listed property and a collection of traditional barns formed around a courtyard with elements of the Grange forming part of the Duchy of Cornwall estate for 669 years until 2006. The overall design philosophy was to retain the principal structural elements in the original form and keeping the new elements simple and sympathetic using natural stone, oak frames, brick detailing with large glazed openings.
Our work has involved obtaining change of use back to residential from commercial and designs to reinstate to the original C17 300m² wing lost is a fire around 1900 returning the property back to the 1550m² floor area. The Flemish and English bond brick three storey has stone mullion window detailing with